Sunday, January 13, 2013

Light Bulb!!!

Every time I hear the phrase, "light bulb!", I can now only picture an eastern European accent. Cue Gru from 'Despicable Me'... "Liiiiight buuuulb".


Anyways I love when the so called light bulb goes off for me. Today was one of those very insightful days. Ya know...the kind of information that you've always known but somehow it was stored, covered, and then forgotten? I'm talking about those little principles in life. The ones that seem so minimal but really equate to mountain-like profoundness. I don't know about you, but I struggle simply because of life's daily chaos/distraction(s). It clouds my aspiration to be Mother Teresa, (hahaha okay not quite but you get the picture) infringing itself while I claim defeat with excuses. Maybe I'm in this alone, but I have a cantankering that most people are always seeking ways to better or improve themselves. We however just get busy with Life's curve balls. There's the challenge folks. At least for me. To overlook the chaos and remember the little things. Like being prepared, patient, loving, etc. It's all noteworthy and particularly on Sundays (because of church service and all) I pledge I'll be a better person and try harder. Then manic Monday hits and I'm all over the place trying to do whatever that is which needs to be done and come the following Sunday I'm like "Oh yea, totes knew that....shoulda. coulda. woulda...

The point here is to not let myself get discouraged just because I forgot, overlooked, or simply procrastinated. The point is to digest it and try to put it to action. Quite possibly the 'Aha!' moment is to help me individually because the man upstairs knows me better than I know myself and that those 'Aha!' moments are just what I need to revitalize, recoupe, and press on.

Try this one on for size:

"Patience is tied very closely to faith in our Heavenly Father. Actually when we are unduly impatient, we are suggesting that we know what is best ----better than does God. Or at least we are asserting that our timetable is better than His."
Elder Neal A. Maxwell

I'm glad someone else is in charge. Moreover that it isn't me. That He knows above all what is best. For me. For you. For everyone. I know He loves each and everyone of us. Knows each and everyone of us individually, even by name. Wish I had His memory. [Haha. Bad joke I know. Blame the Asian side.] But honestly, it's the best when you're not working against Him, that you do things in faith, and see the rewards you reap because of it.

And on that note, I leave you with this beauty:

"I beg you to have patience with everything unresolved in your heart and try to love the questions themselves as if they were locked rooms or books written in a very foreign language. Don't search for the answers, which could not be given to you now, because you would not be able to live them. And the point is to live everything. Live the questions now. Perhaps then, someday far in the future, you will gradually, without even noticing it, live your way into the answer."
Rainer Maria Rilke, Letter To A Young Poet

No comments:

Post a Comment