Sunday, November 17, 2013




 Remember that scene in Mean Girls where the crying girl states, "I wish we could all get along like we used to in middle school... I wish I could bake a cake filled with rainbows and smiles and everyone would eat and be happy."

Welllllllll FYI, sometimes I wish the solution to a long distance relationship could be easily resolved by a pretty tasty cake. Unfortunately it isn't. In fact, I'm reminded of the ever famous quote by Geoffrey Chaucer in The Franklin’s Tale.
Patience is virtue high, and that’s certain;
For it does vanquish, as these clerks make plain,
Things that oppression never could attain. 
Ahhhh PATIENCE! That pesky patience is a virtue, or so they say... It teaches us to tolerate delay. It implies self-control and forbearance, as opposed to wanting what we want when we want it. What a difficult practice to implement at times. Anyone agree? I know. I know. "Cry me a river, Lisabeth..."Or world's saddest song played on the tiniest violin". However, we're each given trials and by far this has got to be up in the top 10 thus far. Then get yourself out of it right? Move back. Or vice versa. However, A LOT easier said than done. I wish it were easier.

In the face of adversity, I am often blinded by my own problems and desperately wanting my plan to work out EXACTLY the way I imagined. Don't we all? As of July 5th to November 6th, my love and I had a 4 month stint of being unable to see one another (ie. due to reasons outside of our control).  In my personal experience, it definitely impacted my tolerance level, increased frustration daily, and placed me in almost a security blanket of negative thinking. I was in constant self-turmoil of trying to find solutions and projecting every feeling imaginable both good and bad towards my la love. I felt almost bi-polar. I could easily see my negative words/actions before they exposed themselves. Yet instead of controlling my feelings of defeat, I'd let them emerge. After they'd play themselves out, I'd recognize my wrong and apologize, but the vacillating actions would continue.
Simply put: I missed him. If it were up to me, our life would have begun five yesterdays ago. I was looking for some shred of silver lining. And all along, I realized it was within my own handsome. Through all the arguments, intentionally ignoring each other to avoid conflict, and heated discussions, Stay remained calm and in control. I know he is by no means perfect...we each give and take, snap unwarrantedly, and even placed our relationship on the line, but and sorry for the cheesiness, buuuuuuuut he's MY perfect.

Through it all he remained optimistic and took the toll of my actions by understanding and validating my feelings. That man has my upmost respect, confidence, and all of my heart.

When you're unable to be in person; to talk, touch, or see one another, it places an immediate opposition in your way. Doubt sets in. But knowing what we have and fighting against these struggles is what helps us carry on.

Lauren Oliver (Liesl & Po) summed it up beautifully:

“If you do not believe that hearts can bloom suddenly bigger, and that love can open like a flower out of even the hardest places, then I am afraid that for you the road will be long and brown and barren, and you will have trouble finding the light.
But if you do believe, then you already know all about magic.” 

Stay surprised me Wednesday night. Sort of. I knew he was coming, but always get butterflies before he's actually here. I was teaching my 3 hour evening group when the case manager asked me to come "help" her real quick. I turned the corner and there he was! I was floored ha. I always am. I was stricken with shock and disbelief. He pulled me in close and kissed me. I was blinking for reality to set in. But he was really here! I took Thursday and Friday off so that I could have a splendid weekend with him. What a blessing to be able to be in his arms, to feel, smell, taste, haha to be overwhelmed by all 5 senses for the next 4 days and 5 nights. It always feels like we fill our days to do as many activities together as possible and limit our sleep. Wouldn't you if you knew your love were only here for what seems like miliseconds? There was lots of eating, cuddling, talking, driving, and just simply being with one another.

I CAN'T wait for the next visit. It gets better every time. Moreover, I can't wait to finally be Mrs. Lisabeth Havili. Here are some pictures :)






Thursday morning. I called in sick. (1st time ever and was scared ha!) We went to Denny's and felt like we cuddled and practically fed our faces all day haha. He's so handsome huh?
My Cuddy Buddy. His perfume is to die for! Love when it lingers on my clothes. I think this was Friday night. We went and watched Thor! Pretty good movie if you haven't seen it.
Saturday morning! Denny's! He got me a cupcake tumbler, because A.) it was too cute not to want and B.) I could get free re-fills! Score. Annnnnnd the Hobbit menu is back! Yay!
We went to Durango! It's about an hour away from where I live, but I just love the feel and jive of Durango. I would work here if it weren't for the commute. Morgan Stanley just opened an office here. *Hint Hint Stay Baby* We walked downtown, perused the stores, bought some french bakery goodies, and of course got my fave drink Very Berry Hibiscus at Starbucks. Think that was enough? We also went to TJ Maxx. Uh hands-down, one of the top 5 shopping scenes for me. Annnnd this handsome bought me a feather-down jacket! He's daaaaa best!
Saturday evening we went to Mutu's Italian Restaurant. It was scrumptious! I just enjoy sitting across from my main squeeze. I think we were both getting sullen; not looking forward to his departure come Sunday morning.
Buuuuuuut guess what?! He stayed one more night. I couldn't bear to let him leave...again. We went out Sunday night. Just got some treats, hit up Target (also top 5), and watched the first season of Vampire Diaries. Love that he's patient enough to do pretty much whatever I want. :P
 
All in all it was such a phenomenal and fantastic visit. Being patient certainly is a virtue. Having a significant other who sticks with it through thick and thin only helps strengthen and remind me of what we have. I love him. So much. My heart aches for him every second. I cannot wait for the next reunion and for the resolve of long distance to come.
 
Til next time my friends, much love. Adieu
 

No comments:

Post a Comment