Sunday, December 8, 2013

Epiphany!


Wow it's certainly been a whirlwind of holidays and all. Honestly, in the last 2-3 weeks you could say I've had somewhat of an epiphany!

I heard this on Invicticus, "I am the master of my fate. I am the captain of my soul. ---William Ernest Henley.

Wait whaaaaat? Haha j/k. It's profound though ha? I mean you make your choices and reap the consequences yes?
K, so with that and celebrating my 29th birthday about 3 weeks ago, I was dreading the day to come. Normally, I'm all giddy and excited to celebrate my special day. Who isn't when it's their birthday? What have I done in the past 29 years? My accomplishments? To be quite frank, it's been tough to see another year go by without the prospect of marriage, not being in the phase of motherhood, maybe not even being rich ha!, and I may have or haven't had to dye my hair to cover the now spreading of *GASP* white hair. That mother of mine though sure knows how to boost me in my lowest of time. She says,"Oh sweetie, it's from the blood infusion placed in your head when you were born, that's why you have a streak of white hair...to remember the miracle you are...the blessing that was given to you and I". Oh moms definitely know how to cherish and make their children know of their unconditional love. At least my mom is. She and my daddy are very VERY generous in their outpour of love verbally. Exceptional parents in my book!

Anyways back to the white hair and crying about not being rich...ha! jk

If you know me, I get allllllll excited when it comes to birthday cakes, decorations, and presents! I mean this girl loves all pretty things. But for some reason this year was different. I didn't want the boots I've been lusting over. I didn't want the pearl earrings of my ma's that I've been secretly wearing and putting back into her jewelry box. I didn't even want a dinner...really. Who does that? When it really came down to the nitty gritty, all I wanted was to be surrounded by my la love and loved ones. To chat, laugh, and walk down memory lane. Cheesy? Maybe. But I can't take all the niceties found in this life...like those over the knee boots or pearl earrings. But family. Love. Knowledge. Those are the important things that I can take away from this life.

I remember once reading from a general authority from the LDS church, and don't quote me on this but I remember digesting this gist: "Probably one of the most important questions you'll be asked is, Did you learn to love?" Poetic isn't it? I mean in all classic novels...in all movies...in ALL that motivates us to move and grow in this life is LOVE. Did I love my neighbor? Did I serve and try to follow the example of my Savior? Did I accept and forgive both the good and bad actions towards me? And did I try to improve myself each day by implementing the things I've learned?

Truly I've grown and matured...probably faster in the last year. Not to toot my own horn, but in recognizing the importance of life. Sometimes its so easy to get caught up in the things of the world...to want to be in the world not of the world. I mean I've known this, but not as much as I do today. My family have deeply contributed to this knowledge as has my la love. Its the character that we protray to others that will either leave a great legacy or a bad taste in others' mouths. I hope not literally. I know that along my stumbles, I'm sure I've left 'a bad taste', however I hope through continuous efforts I'll be able to change these viewpoints and that one day I can epitomize the characters of my loved ones. They teach me to serve and love without condition. To give even when that means not getting anything in return. They, including my la love are my world.

By the way. Can I just brag again one more time on how wonderful of a man my love is? I may about a couple of things. In the very first few months of dating, my love took my bestie and I out to dinner. He paid. Say what? On the way home after great convo and company...on the freeway we're driving in snow, and this car on the side of the road has it's hazards on with a couple of guys trying to push it. My love pulls over and gets out to help them. Meanwhile, I'm freaking out telling my bestie all the awful things I could imagine and hoping they dont' come true. They didn't. What an act of service! That's when I first knew...really knew I was in love with him.

Anyways that man of mine! He surprised me on my birthday! I was so surprised! He tricked me. I didn't think he would because he sent me a card and a beautiful bouquet of flowers. Totally distracted me from his real plan! It was a quick weekend, but so worth every minute! I'm grateful for the sacrifices he makes for me! This visit was more laid back and full of cuddle time, which I'm definitely okay with. We even looked at rings! I have my heart set on one that's at Sam's Club! Which included a run from the car to the store in the rain and a kiss! Hahah perfection and cheesy. Guess what? I don't care hahaha! My momma made a seafood feast on Saturday to celebrate my birthday. She's da best! All in all it was perfect. Annnd Thanksgiving was bomb! So much food. The babes wasn't able to make it :( but will come the 27th of December weather permitting:))))))) My la love, family, and gospel all bring so much fulfillment to my life. Jobs, money, and things come and go...but family and especially mine are what matters to me.

FYI, I'm so okay with getting married in the temple and celebrating the reception at a restaurant with only our close intimate family members. Kinda SC like Haha! However, I know in all reality I would want it to be a great big shindig. Til' next time! Here's some pics!


This is when my babe surprised me. It was late at night and I had just gotten off work and started eating when the door bell rang. I didn't answer because I figured when he told me he was at his sister's house that he was! Trickster that man of mine! Love him to the moon and back!

 Kollie boy kept singing "Happy birrdayyy tewwww Misa!" over and over while riding his trike! Love his cuteness and sweetness.
My coworker and friend, Noreen, surprised me. I walked into my office and it was all decked out! She is the best! I sure miss her presence! She transferred to another department.
We watched the Hunger Games: Catching Fire! Oh my! I think it's better than the first! Jennifer Lawrence is my girl! She is superb in her acting!
 Uh! Ring purusing! I tried on some, however, when I tried on the huge one...uh I think there may be no way of going back to small haha. No honestly he could give me a piece of wire as long as we could start our life. I can't wait for that day! He was sweet and had me try on several rings.
The Spread! Whewwwww! What a feast! Delicious yumminess and great company! I am beyond grateful for my love and familia! How good is our God! Too good huh?!

Til' next time friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment