Sunday, July 6, 2014

I am Enough! Nough Said :)))))










































































































Too often we get into the struggle of our own thinking. Can I get an Amen?! It's true. I think that it's quite possibly one of the biggest tools that is used against us. Obviously it can be both a strength and weakness...our mind that is. However, when we allow our thinking to go askew, it's so easy to forget our self worth. Man preach to the choir sista orrrr should I say brother?! (hehe) I was reading President Uctdorf's talk, found here https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2010/10/of-things-that-matter-most?lang=eng. He gives this wonderful advice, to "Stop It", you are amazing and you matter because you are you." Ironically, I had shared a lesson on relapse prevention skills to my group. One of them was to imagine a big STOP sign...another that I improvised with was a light switch and that if we are able to get through the 15 minutes (that's how long a craving/trigger lasts) then we'd be able to move on and proceed life coming out of it a bit stronger. How cool is it that we as members of the LDS faith are able to receive guidance into reminding us of how valuable and loved we are? After all they are THE mouthpieces of our Almighty. It simply blows my mind yet comforts me on all levels. You my friend matter. I matter. I'm so blessed to have the gospel in my life and to know that I'm not alone even if on an off day (that happens more than not) when I'm even surrounded by loved ones and all still struggling, that I can get down on my knees and be comforted and feel the true love from a Heavenly Father and Savior who knows EXACTLY what I'm going through. My life mission is unique. Just as yours is. I may experience a trial that's not exactly hard as another's may seem, but guess what? It's mine. And that's okay. I can own that and accept that I can only the things and go through the things I experience because they are mine and only mine. Our Heavenly Father only gives us that which we can handle. Some days I throw my hands in the air and I plead upward saying "Really? Really?!!!" And then after some time I come into my own and realize you know what...be okay with it. Be more grateful. I've come to the realization that only I can compare myself to my yesterday's self and see where I can improve. However, it is easier said than done. Often the world is knocking on our door saying hellllllo look what you're not doing or what you don't have or what you need to be like. I'm sooooo grateful that the gospel tells us otherwise. That our Heavenly Father speaks directly to his faithful servants as well as give us personal revelation that we are enough. Feels good. Real good. If we can just step back and examine our true motivations, we can gain important insight into ourselves...which can also lead to being more objective which let's be honest I could a lot more these days :)

I need to update ya on the latest especially with pics but I literally am running out the door to take care of my lil' ol' Alby! She's great! Cross your fingers she will cooperate and want to sleep tonight! Otherwise it'll make for a loooong day at work tomorrow haha! Hope all is well with you and yours!





























No comments:

Post a Comment